Develops a solid understanding of fundamental accounting principles and techniques and is ideal for those working in an analytical or managerial role.
1. Accounting principles and techniques (70%)
Reasons for keeping accounts
- The accounting equation and rules of double entry, the cashbook, credit transactions and discounts
- Control accounts
- Bad debt
- Depreciation, accruals and prepayments
- Trial balance, final accounts and statutory accounts.
2. Regulatory framework (5%)
- Concepts, conventions and accounting standards
3. Business finance (15%)
- Types and sources of finance
- Working Capital
- Cash operating cycle
- Budgetary control.
4. Ratio calculation (10%)