Provides an understanding of the concepts, processes and techniques that underpin best practice across a range of legal environments.
1. The English legal system (15%)
- Common law
- Statute law
- Delegate legislation
- Jurisdiction of the courts.
2. Law of contract (35%)
- Essentials of a binding contract
- Guarantees and Indemnities
- Privity and Assignment
3. Sale of Goods and related topics (25%)
- Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)
- Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982
- Unfair contract terms and legislation.
4. Agency (15%)
- Duties of an agent
- Duties of a principal
- The agent’s authority
- The agent’s liability
5. Other contractual matters (10%)